Snippets of Snippings outside the last Shitty Council meeting and more…
HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] will meet Wednesday, 4-4-18 10:30 AM at the Sub Rosa, our normal meeting place.
- River St. Campground Updates and Info Gathering– Camp Boss Susie O’Hara has released a few documents, but many are being delayed for two weeks.
- Rent Control/Just Eviction Protection updates.
- Rights of those living in tents or outside: Bill of Rights for the Houseless Outside Here
- Police violence and the Stephon Carter situation, translated in to Santa Cruz terms.
2018/04/03/what-happens-when- a-judge-calls-on-orange- county-cities-to-talk-about- housing-homeless-people/
AAAindex.html (a Copwatch site in memory of Stephon Carter)
com/home/showdocument?id=68666 (Santa Cruz Emergency Rent Freeze Law)
movementforhousingjustice.org/ freeze/ (Housing Justice’s Summary of the Santa Cruz Law)
article/heres-how-to-cop- watch/ (A Brief Intro to Copwatching)
- Support the Warming Center, Food Not Bombs, HUFF and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Commentary on the latest Stephon Clark Killing Revelations [See also https://www.democracynow.
- Councilmember Sandy Brown on Rent Freeze Evasions, “Affordable” Housing, and Holding Staff Accountable…continued
- Wes White’s Salinas Update…continued
- Sharon and Julie Speak Out at the Red Church
Flashback to February 2, 2006:
- Bathrobespierre Dissects the Mathews’ Council’s Parking Lot Panic Law
- Rico Thunder (aka Wes Modes) on SCPD Spying for the DIY New Year’s Eve March 2005-6
- Report on an interview with “Turn ’em Away” Tim Bratton, manager of the Vet’s Building
- Street Interviews: Experiences with the cops…Mad Mike the Wonderdog on police beating the bushes…”Pirate”, “Damian”, and “Parrot” downtown;
- Coralee’s Downtown Interviews with Roger Etcetera’s, Brandon the cello player, Marilyn of Alfresco’s, BigDrum Brent, Guitar Joe, Valerie Promise, “Under Arrest”, and others
- Michelle Beltos on being denied access to River St. Shelter
- John Maurer’s update on his “Fuck the Pigs” lawsuit
This show archives tomorrow or perhaps later today at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/L
For the full Flashback go to http://www.radiolibre.org/
Leave your comments and questions at 831-423-4833.Contact 575-770-3377 to volunteer to help Santa Cruz Food Not Bombs locally through Facebook.
Donate blankets tents, and tarps to folks directly on the street (80% of the homeless population) either directly to those outside or through the Warming Center Project at 831-234-9848.
Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on Facebook for updates on the shivering majority, left outside and outside the law.
HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom) meets Wednesday 4-7-18 at 11 AM at the Sub Rosa Cafe (next to the Bike Church at 703 Pacific). Coffee on the house.
Call 423-4833 to volunteer for or learn more about civil rights work on homeless civil rights issues.