Streams at freakradio.org and broadcasts at 101.3 FM
Archives today at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.htm
- Rough and Righteous Music from David Rovics cont. at the “No Homeless Bathrooms” London (Louden) Nelson Center
- Rage and Rumbles from the Red Church Meal Munchers
- Barnstorming Backtalk from Brent Adams
- Caustic Commentary from Bathrobespierre Robert
FLASHBACK TO December 11, 1997
- Failure of the Citizens Police Review Board in the 1997 SCPD Slaying of Happy John Dine
- Rightwing Renegade Wiley Drake Stands up for the Homeless in southern California
- Bathrobespierre Relives his Fifteen Minutes of Fame on New York TV
FLASHES FROM JUNGLE-SAVY JULIE:
The show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html Latest Show – 10/4/2018 Thursday, October 4, 2018 – Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides.”
On the show:
- Homelessness and the Constitution: https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/10/02/the-constitution-and-homelessness/
- Brent Adams Ticketed for Leafleting in a Forbidden Zone: His Update
- Interview and Music with David Rovics after he was ousted from Louden Nelson Center
- Bathroom Blues from Seniors at Louden Nelson and along Pacific Avenue
- Still More Scattered Songs from Roy Zimmerman
Rumblings from “Jewel in the Rough” Julie’s Justice-Seeking Journey:
HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] will meet Wednesday, 10-3 11 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church.
Possible action items:
- Where’s Winter Shelter for the Most Vulnerable? Breaking Community Silence in the Face of No Drop-In Program for the few.
- Discussion of the SC Union of the Homeless organizing across program barriers
- Civil Rights Watch for the Unhoused Majority Outside Programs
- Follow-up and lead-up actions in the Bathroom Battle: Knockin on Tony Elliot’s door (the new P & R czar).
- 9th Circuit Federal Court Decision may institute Right to Rest and Sleep in Santa Cruz: Updates from Candidates Forums, Mills, and elsewhere
- Independent HUFF strategy for shifting the dialogue from Token Winter Shelter to Broad Support for Homeless Encampments
- Fall Sidewalk Streetsquawking
- Rise of the new Salinas RV Camp.
- Charting Legislative Mischief: AB2178 to Restrict Charitable Food Giveaways, AB 1040 to “conservatorship” troublesome homeless
- New legislation around Bail Abolition, and Police Records
- Reviewing the Candidate Cavalcade for Shitty Council: Two Proposed Homeless Forums by Councilmember Krohn versus Warming Center’s Brent Adams
Gems from Journeywise Julie:
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-cruz/
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at 101.3 FM and freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html .