- Rough Voices Against the Recall (of Glover and Krohn) at Tuesday’s Oral Communications
- Unending Commentary from the Caustic Jaws of Bathrobespierre Robert
- Fragments from the Food Not Bombs Feed Last Saturday
- Scraps and Snips from The Red Church & at Another Monday Meal
- A Pinch of Protest: Interview with 1220 River St. Camp resident Rosemary
|Time for More Privacy, Decency, & Accessibility at Salvation Army’s 1220 River St. Camp|
|Import into your personal calendar|
|Date||Thursday August 29|
|Time||10:00 AM – 10:30 AM|
|Event Type||Press Conference|
|Organizer/Author||California Homeless Union/HUFF/C&A/FNB|
|rnorse3 [at] hotmail.com|
|1220 River St. in front of the Salvation Army’s 60 tent “no walking in or out” Campground|
The press conference/protest follows up on last May’s appeal to the Salvation Army management.
That event urged the Army to allow greater freedom and privacy for camp residents and to provide important upgrades in the living conditions there such as showers and protection from the heat.
Today’s event is again sponsored by the Santa Cruz Homeless Union, Conscience and Action, Food Not Bombs, and HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom).
It will be followed by a supportive visit to Monterey Superior Court (1:30 PM, Department 13, 1200 Aguajito Road ) in support of the Salinas Homeless Union’s court suit seeking to stop the police harassment of folks outside at Sherwood Park in Salinas.
It follows a partially successful challenge to the City’s discriminatory closing of bathrooms prompting City Council last Tueday night to act. An unusually cohesive Progressive majority voted 4-3
Activists have also scheduled a Direct Action ‘Open the Damn Bathrooms” event for Tuesday September 3rd at 1:30 PM at Louden Nelson Center. Concerned community members are invited to attend, witness, and/or participate.
CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 8-28-19
Note: Agenda Ideas are simply suggestions and subject to change and addition from anyone in the group. They cover a wide range of possibilities.
- Announcements: Choice of Action Items; Timekeeper & Time Limits; Vibes Guy
- Follow-Up on Marcos Meeting; Protest Prep for Tomorrow
- Potty Protest at Louden Nelson on Tuesday
- City Council Update: Small Victory on City Hall Bathroom Reopening for a Month; Draw on the CACH Referrals; Defeat on Louden Nelson
- Any City Council Issues to be Raised for Agenda or Plans for September 10th?
- Ross Lawsuit and Union Organizing Report: Phone a Cop Proposal
- Possible Glover call (10 minutes available on his end)
- Announcements: Including Brief Summaries of Agenda Items
- Further Action on C & A Items
- Street and Campground Report
- August 29th Monterey Court Hearing 1200 Aguajito Rd for Salinas Injunction Against Cop Harassment at Sherwood Park 1:30 PM
- Chief Mills Latest Responses on Choke-Holds, Rape Kits, and the SCPD Bathroom
- What’s to be Done With SC Homeless Union Documentation?
- Stepping Up in Santa Cruz Poverty Pimp PR Checking: Eli and Laura Report?
- End of Recycling Report
- Public Records Updates: Bathroom Data–Norse and Colby’s Data Some at https://cityofsantacruz.
UPCOMING PROTESTS/COURT DATES
- Thursday August 29 1:30 PM Court for the Sherwood Park Plaintiffs seeking to enjoin Salinas authorities from harassment of the homeless 1200 Aguajito Road MONTEREY.
- Thursday August 29 10 AM Press Conference at Protest outside 1220 River St.
- Tuesday, September 3, 1:30 PM Louden Nelson Potty Protest
- David Scheider’s account of police pounding and problems
- Jacqueline on SCPD seizure of her stolen tent–the perils of groundsleeping outside a car
- “Scope it Out” Scott Graham Joins Bathrobespierre Robert to Analyze the Smoke-and-Mirrors Behind the Attacks on Drew Glover and Chris Krohn
- Examining Glover’s Pre-Council Agenda Examination of 8-23
- (Full Audio Available at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
- Varied Voices from the Sidewalk at the Saturday Food Not Bombs Meal
- Dreamcatcher denounces Elder Abuse through the Bathroom Barricade at Louden Nelson
- Controversy over a Report of Rape Near Louden Nelson
- Officer Christian Le Moss roughs up a bicyclist Zapruder for not having a bike license; witnessed by Damon Brewer
- More accounts of homeless bikerider busting by the SCPD: Matt, Gottum,
- A younger Katzenjammer Keith McHenry on San Francisco Bathroom Brouhaha, the Leonard
Peltier case, and more. Bobby Castillo joins him.
- Stormin’ Norman on Landlord Feudalism in Santa Cruz
- Donna Deiss of the Tenants Rights Union of Santa Cruz
- Ken on the Shooting of Happy John Dine
- Ken Holm on SCPD Harassment of Feed the People activist Sean Alemi
- Jessica York Joins the Smear Squad: https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/08/21/santa-cruz- leaders-conduct-investigation- reveals-wrong-doing/
- Kessler Kicks Back at the Mathews Machine to Mangle the Library: https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/08/24/instead-of-an- interview-with-cynthia- mathews-stephen-kessler/
WHAT YOU CAN DO BETWEEN SHOWS:
- Smash the Shitter Stalemate at Louden Nelson by Raising a Stink at City Council 7:30 PM Tuesday 8-27